Disney Springs Partially Reopens May 20 – UPDATED With More Openings and Details
Walt Disney World begins the long journey back to opening in phases starting with Disney Springs.
Updated 5/16, 12:50 p.m. with additional openings.—BF
It’s the question on everyone’s mind: when will Disney reopen?
There was a glimmer of hope last week, as Disney announced that Disney Springs would begin partially reopening on May 20.
The entertainment company, and Orange County’s largest employer, indicated that the move signaled the first phase of reopening the resort.
According to a statement on the Disney Parks Blog, the company will follow guidance from government and health officials, and only a limited number of shopping and dining experiences will open at first.
According to the Disney Springs website, guests will be required to follow the following protocols and procedures:
- Parking. Guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface parking lots will remain closed.
- Entryways. Guests entryways are limited to 4: Orange and Lime garages, the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge, and the rideshare location
- Temperature Screenings. Guests will undergo temperature screenings at the second floor entrances of Lime and Orange garages, as well as at the Marketplace Entrance (to serve Guests from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge and the rideshare drop-off lot). Those displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be permitted entry—and neither will their party. (All employees will also undergo temperature screenings.)
- Face Coverings. All guests age 3 and older are required to wear appropriate face coverings. The coverings must be worn at all times, except while dining.
- Physcial Barriers. Barriers have been added wear distancing is difficult; for example, at Guest Relations.
- Cashless Transactions. Disney is encouraging guests to use cashless and contactless payment methods whenever possible.
- Directional Signage. The company has added directional signage to assist guests with maintaining proper social distance.
At press time, we’ve received confirmation that the following restaurants will open on May 20:
- Chicken Guy!, 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Earl of Sandwich, 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Frontera Cocina, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Planet Hollywood, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Wine Bar George, hours TBA
- Wolfgang Puck Gar & Grill, Sunday-Thursday: 12-8 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 12-9 p.m.
- YeSake, hours TBA
Additionally, these restaurants plan to open on May 22, with the following hours:
- Morimoto Asia, Main Dining Room, 4:30-9:30 p.m.
- Morimoto Asia Street Food, Outdoor Lunch and Dinner Service, 11:30 a.m to 9 p.m.
- Pizza Ponte, Indoor/Outdoor, Lunch and Dinner Service, 11:30 to 9 p.m.
- Vivoli il Gelato, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
We have also learned that Disney will opened the following company-owned properties on May 27:
- World of Disney
- D-Luxe Burger (mobile order)
- Marketplace Co-Op
There are reports that additional locations will open on June 1, but we are awaiting confirmation from Disney before sharing those locations.
At this time, the remainder of Walt Disney World parks and hotels remain closed. The company has not announced reopening date at this time.
This is a developing story and may be updated with additional information as it becomes available.