9 Essential Wellness Apps To Get You Through A Crisis
Get fit, meditate, and enjoy a good night’s sleep with these apps, geared for wellness.
- MyFitnessPal Log meals, calculate calories, monitor weight, and track workouts with MyFitness Pal. The app is compatible with other fitness apps and devices including MapMyRun, and Fitbit. Free; upgrade for $49.99/year.
- 7 Minute Workout The 7 Minute Workout app features a series of targeted total-body exercises with instructional illustrations and vocal guidance. The Workout for Women, Butt Workout, HIIT and Tabata app options are also available. Free.
- Strava Sophisticated GPS tracking makes Strava a popular choice for runners and cyclists. Compatibility with various fitness devices makes it easy for users to share and compare their performance or create customized training plans. Free.
- Lose It! Set a weight-loss goal, and track food and exercise with the Lose It! app. Tracking is accessible with various fitness devices while the Weight Loss Community is on hand to assist with tips and support. Free; upgrade for $39.99/year.
- Asana Rebel The Asana Rebel lets you choose from a variety of collections including Energy Booster, Total Body Toner, and Warrior Flow. Duration and intensity levels are customizable for added convenience. Free 7-day trial; $58.99/year.
- Insight Timer The Insight Timer offers a wide range of timed and guided meditations. In addition to Yoga Nidra and sleep sessions, topics cover everything from practicing patience to gaining self-confidence and include soothing music and talks. Free.
- Calm From video lessons on movement and stretching to relaxing music and meditation, the Calm app incorporates over 100 guided sessions. The Sleep Stories section features famous voices sharing calming tales for a good night’s rest. Free 7-day trial; $69.99/year.
- 10% Happier Billed as “Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics,” the 10% Happier app introduces the practice with guidance from well-known teachers and scientists. Courses, an extensive video library, and meditations cover home life, relationships, work, and health. Free 7-day trial; $99/year.
- Sleep Cycle Track sleep patterns with the Sleep Cycle app. From light to deep to dream states of sleep, this app uses sound analysis to determine the different cycles through the night. Come morning, it signals the body to wake for a well-rested sleep. Free one-month trial; upgrade for $29.99/year.