SeaWorld Orlando Announces Proposed Reopening Date
SeaWorld Orlando is proposing reopening its parks on June 11 to the public.
SeaWorld has joined the ranks of Orlando theme parks that are announcing reopening plans.
One by one, Orlando’s major attractions are preparing to welcome guests back over the next six weeks. Last week, we shared that Universal Orlando plans to reopen to the public on June 5. Then yesterday, Disney shared its plans to continue its phased reopening. Look for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom to reopen first on July 11, followed by Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT on July 15.
SeaWorld Orlando will also be opening soon. The company has proposed reopening all three of its parks—SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove—on June 11. In addition, the park announced that it would host an employee appreciation night on June 10.
Details for SeaWorld Orlando Reopening
During a presentation to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force, the company shared many initiatives they’re adopting to reopen safely. Here are the highlights:
- SeaWorld will require both employees and guests to wear appropriate face coverings. If guests do not have coverings, SeaWorld will provide guests with masks.
- Both employees and guests will undergo temperature screenings.
- Physical distancing will be enforced with plexiglass dividers and markers.
- In retail outlets, employees will scan purchases through plexiglass and customers can bag items. This reduces touch points. In addition, the park encourages guests to utilize contactless payment methods.
- On rides, there will be hand sanitizer, and guests are encouraged to sanitize hands as they enter and exit rides.
- At Aquatica, employees will space out chairs and add increased disinfection of high-touch areas.
New signage throughout the park will remind guests to maintain physical distancing and to wash their hands often.
The Task Force approved SeaWorld’s reopening plans, which will go to the governor next for final approval.