Missing Harry Potter World? Make Your Own Butterbeer at Home!
We'll be able to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter again soon. Until then, whip up this creamy dreamy treat at home with just a few ingredients.
Is there anything better than stepping into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the first time?
The sights. The sounds. The TASTES.
What’s your favorite thing to do in this most enchanted corner of Universal Studios Resort Orlando?
Whether you’re thrilling to the adventure of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, choosing a wand from Ollivander’s, or taking in a performance of Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees, there’s never a dull moment in this magical place.
And the food and drink are just as immersive as the attractions, surroundings and entertainment. Who doesn’t love stopping by The Three Broomsticks for Fish and Chips or Shepherd’s Pie?
But if there’s one treat you’re getting when you visit Hogsmeade, we all know what it will be: Butter Beer.
There’s tons of great eating and drinking in the Harry Potter books, but we can all agree that Butterbeer is the one treat we couldn’t wait to try!
While we wait for the parks to reopen and for the fun to resume, why not make a batch of Butterbeer at home with this handy recipe, courtesy of Delish.com?
- 4 12 oz. cans cream soda
- 1/4 cup butterscotch syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine cream soda and butterscotch syrup and stir.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in sugar and vanilla extract, then melted butter until no longer streaky. (Add more butter if desired).
- Ladle Butterbeer into glasses and top with whipped cream mixture.
And there you have it. I know what we’ll be doing today!