Food & Wine Fest Checklist
5 items you have to try at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival offers a fabulous array of choices. On the downside, the Food & Wine Festival has a fabulous array of choices! The abundance of mouth-watering options makes you want to try one of everything, but that can get pricey, and you'll run out of room fast. The 20th-annual food extravaganza, which kicks off Sept. 25 and runs through Nov. 16, has expanded to offer even more food stations and culinary demonstrations.
“Everything is starting to come together,” said Gregg Hannon, executive chef of Epcot Food & Beverage. “The buzz is happening. We want to provide guests with the next level of experience. It’s kind of like Food & Wine Festival 2.0. It’s going to be bigger and better than ever.”
To help you spend more time drinking, eating and enjoying the vibe, we’ve got you covered with a must-try list.
“We’re really trying to bring back some guest favorites and have them come back for new stuff as well,” Hannon said.
With help from Chef Hannon, here’s a guide to five delectable offerings—both new and encore items—at Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival.
1. Pepper Bacon Mac-n-Cheese at Farm Fresh Marketplace. This new macaroni and cheese menu item is a far cry from the orange stuff from the blue box. This pasta dish is made with Nueske’s pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions. Nueske’s bacons are all specially smoked with applewood.
Pepper Bacon Mac-n-Cheese (©Walt Disney World)
2. Grilled Sweet & Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp at Australia Marketplace. For a taste of the "Land Down Under", bite into the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp dish, served with pineapple, peppers, onions and snap peas. Bush berries add a peppery taste to the dish.
Sweet and Sour Bush Berry Shrimp (©Walt Disney World)
3. Scottish Citrus Thistle Cocktail. This new concoction at Scotland Marketplace features Hendrick’s Gin and grapefruit sour mix.
Scottish Citrus Thistle Cocktail (©Walt Disney World)
4. Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad. At the Patagonia Marketplace, fare with South American flair is served. Look for the Roasted Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad dish, served with arugula chimichurri, a returning favorite from previous festivals. Verlasso salmon are raised in the waters of Patagonia, where the fish are given room to grow and are farmed with the environment in mind.
Verlasso Salmon with Quinoa Salad (©Walt Disney World)
5. Lamb Meatball with Tomato Chutney. Venture to the Southern Hemisphere to New Zealand to try these meatballs served in a popover with a spicy chutney, also a popular favorite from previous years. “This is a classic,” Hannon said. “It gets all over the hands. It’s wonderful.”
Lamb Meatball with Tomato Chutney (©Walt Disney World)
Tell us below what your fave Food & Wine Fest dishes are!