Associate Art Director
Orlando, The City’s Magazine is looking for an Associate Art Director to assist the Art Director with the planning and execution of visual presentations for Orlando magazine, including websites, and to work with the sales and marketing departments to produce their materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the production of visual presentations and layouts for Orlando magazine.
- Produce print, marketing, advertising and Web products and promotions.
- Participate in creative brainstorming on editorial concepts, story development and presentation.
- Request print quotes from outside vendors for various marketing materials
- Place and manage print orders for in-house materials (such as business cards, notecards, stationery, etc), invitations, and signage, ensuring that files are saved in proper file formats, dimensions and correct resolutions.
- Assist the Art Director with the planning and acquisition of locations, props and talent for photo shoots related to fashion, food, portrait, home and design.
- Work with commercial printers to ensure files are saved in proper file formats, dimensions and correct resolutions.
- Help manage deadlines and workflow.
- At least 1 year of experience in graphic design, with an emphasis on magazine layout and print production.
- Excellent typography skills
- Working knowledge of proper photo editing techniques
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator versions CS 3 and above.
- Experience with Website content management, including optimizing graphics for online use and updating websites using a content management system (HTML experience a plus).
- Experience working with commercial printer on production issues.
- Experience meeting production deadlines.
- Experience accessing remote files using FTP clients and web applications such as dropbox.com, box.net., yousendit.com, etc.
Please contact Anna Ware (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter.
Orlando, The City’s Magazine is looking for their next sales superstar! The Orlando leader in magazine and digital publishing is seeking a sales dynamo who will drive consistent growth in sales revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and current business, national and local accounts
- Increase sales, revenue and profitability
- Identify new opportunities and programs to generate incremental revenue
- Multitask with the ability to sell multiple products simultaneously
- Consult with clients to develop creative, comprehensive marketing proposals and
- Prospect and qualify new business for print, digital and event sponsorships
- Attend related business and networking events as needed
- Strategic planning–develop and execute a game plan to achieve sales goals–by product, by month and by year
The Ideal Candidate Will Have or Be:
- B2B sales experience, preferably in media
- Consultative selling experience and style
- Bachelor’s degree
- Stable job history
- Current contacts with businesses and agencies in Orlando
- Knowledge and contacts in the Beer, Wine, Spirits, Auto and Luxury Retail categories a plus
- Self-motivated and career-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic
- Solid grasp of the digital landscape
- Strong prospecting skills
- Performance driven with a proven track record of closing business quickly
- Team player and creative thinker
- Ability to engage clients while establishing and growing relationships
- Positive energy, natural enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit
Morris Media Network/Orlando:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commissions, incentives and bonuses
- Medical, dental, life insurance coverage
- Fun, energetic and dynamic work environment
Please contact Kristin Merrick (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter. Due to the volume of applications, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Freelancers & Subcontractors
We are always looking for the following vendors to work with on various subcontracting opportunities:
- Graphic Designers (For designing ads, event materials, and marketing projects; strong typography and layout skills a must)
- Illustrators (Wide variety of styles for illustrating covers, spreads, full pages, half pages, and spot illustrations)
- Videographers (For shooting and editing short videos, filmed locally for events, behind the scenes, and other marketing purposes)
- Photographers (For shooting local events or portraits of clients; short projects that maybe take an hour or two)
- Fashion Stylists (Local stylists who can pull looks and style for half day and full day fashion shoots)
- Food/Product Stylists (Local stylists who can style food or product/gift guide shoots; product shoots may involve pulling items locally)
- Hair/Makeup Artists (Preferably artists who are able to do both hair and makeup)
Please email a link to your portfolio or samples of your work along with your average rates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check back with us soon for future career opportunities.