The 411 on I-Drive 360
10 Things You Should Know About Orlando's Newest Attraction
1. The I-Drive 360 is an entertainment complex just east of I-4 on International Drive and Sand Lake Road, featuring shops, restaurants, bars and major attractions like the Orlando Eye observation wheel, Madame Tussauds Wax Attraction, Skeletons and the SEA LIFE Aquarium.
2. While many businesses are open there already, like popular bars Tin Roof and Yard House, the biggest attractions open on May 4, with special access for newsletter subscribers May 1-3.
3. The Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium are run by Merlin Entertainments, operators of some of the world's largest attractions including the London Eye and LEGOLAND.
4. The Orlando Eye can hold 450 passengers at a time on its 30 capsules.
5. Before boarding the Orlando Eye, passengers will go inside a theater for a 4-D cinema experience.
6. From the top, at 400 feet high, passengers can see numerous lakes and landmarks, from Walt Disney World, SeaWorld and Universal Orlando to downtown Orlando's skyline all the way to the Kennedy Space Center to the east. The entire experiences takes approximately 30 minutes.
The Orlando Eye ©Merlin Entertainment
7. The Orlando Sea Life Aquarium will showcase more than 5,000 creatures and include an interactive "talking" aquarium, 360-degree ocean tunnel and educational opportunities for visitors of all ages.
Step inside the 3-D ocean tunnel ©Merlin Entertainment
8. Madame Tussauds Orlando will feature astonishingly realistic wax figures, from President Barack Obama, Florida's founder Ponce de Leon and Martin Luther King, Jr. to Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Tom Hanks, all painstakingly designed by experts with the most intricate detail.
Selfie, anyone? ©Merlin Entertainment
9. Visitors can experience all three attractions along with LEGOLAND Florida for $99 or $94/children 3-12. Admission for one attraction is $25/adults and $20/children; two attractions are $39/adults and $34/children; and three attractions are $49/adults and $44/children. VIP packages are also available for the Orlando Eye which include champagne or even your own private capsule.
10. Parking at the complex is free, and a shuttle is provided from the site for those guests going to LEGOLAND Florida.