Orlando's Favorite Pet Contest
Terms & Conditions: Instagram Contest
Orlando Magazine September Issue
Orlando Magazine September Issue
TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit entry through Orlando Magazine Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/OrlandoMag) and email Channels (the “Channels”) and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Florida, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Morris Media Network, Woof Gang Bakery, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Orlando Magazine as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Pet submission will be accepted online starting on Friday, September 1, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All online entries must be received by Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Votes will then be accepted for six (6) Semi-Finalists online starting on Friday, September 8, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All online entries must be received by Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Votes will then be accepted for three (3) Finalists online starting on Friday, September 15, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Monday, September 25, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All online entries must be received by Monday, September 25, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Winner will be revealed on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
ADDENDUM: Due to Hurricane Irma, the revised Campaign Period is as follows:
Pet submission will be accepted online starting on Friday, September 1, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Monday, September 18, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All online entries must be received by Monday, September 18, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Votes will then be accepted for six (6) Semi-Finalists online starting on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All votes must be received by Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Votes will then be accepted for three (3) Finalists online starting on Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 1:00PM/EST and ending Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. All online entries must be received by Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:59PM/EST. Winner will be revealed on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered on Instagram or Email by 1. publishing a photo on the users’ Instagram and 2. utilizing the hashtag #omagpetcontest17 within the “Comment” or “Caption” field of the post, or 3. emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo and name of pet. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Orlando Magazine. You may enter only once per channel. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules per channel. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Orlando Magazine.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a one (1), $250 Woof Gang Bakery gift certificate, one (1) cover or profile picture on Orlando Magazine’s Facebook page, one (1) “special” Instagram post on Orlando Magazine’s Instagram feed, and one (1) mention in a future Orlando Magazine print issue as “Orlando’s Favorite Pet”. This package is valued at a minimum of $4,895.00 U.S. Dollars. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Orlando Magazine. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Orlando Magazine’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Orlando Magazine to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Six (6) Semi-Finalists will be selected by a panel of Orlando Magazine employees; entries include photos submitted through Instagram with corresponding hashtag utilization and via email. Finalists will be selected by the Instagram community by “liking” the photo of the pet they want to vote for (the “Vote”); the three (3) Finalists will have the highest number of Votes. One (1) Winner will be selected by the Instagram community by the number of highest Votes. Winner will be notified by direct message and/or email within two (2) hours following selection of Winner. Orlando Magazine shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 24 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ORLANDO MAGAZINE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Winner will need to sign these Terms and Conditions in order to receive prize as well as an Image Usage Release, Guaranteed Content Form (as provided by Orlando Magazine) and agree to be featured in a print issue of Orlando Magazine.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this giveaway and tagging other users, You understand and agree that Orlando Magazine, anyone acting on behalf of Orlando Magazine, and Orlando Magazine’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Orlando Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Orlando Magazine’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Orlando Magazine may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Orlando Magazine. Orlando Magazine reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Orlando Magazine has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Orlando Magazine reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Orlando Magazine and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Florida having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ATTN: Digital Department, Orlando Magazine, 801 N. Magnolia Ave, Orlando, Florida, 32803 (United States of America). Requests must be received no later than December 1, 2017, at 10:00 AM/EST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Orlando Magazine, 801 N. Magnolia Ave, Orlando, Florida, 32803 (United States of America).
15. Social Media Channels Disclaimer: The Campaign hosted by Orlando Magazine is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.