Brides are minimizing their makeup for a flawless finish and a radiant shine.
Dark, smoky eyes and brightly colored lips are so last season—today’s brides are opting for a softer, more natural look. “Bridal makeup should be extraordinary but not overdone,” says professional makeup artist Michelle Cameau for Make Up For Ever (michellecameau.com). “Gold is the perfect wedding day color, but it’s important to find the right tone for your skin. Blending your foundation with light to deep tones of bronze can help create depth and make gold-shadowed eyes really stand out.” Here are some professional tips for glowing brides.
BEAUTY SHOT: PHOTO: NORMA LOPEZ MOLINA; MAKEUP ARTIST: MICHELLE CAMEAU, MAKE UP FOR EVER, MICHELLECAMEAU.COM; HAIRSTYLIST: IRINA BILKA, AB FAB MANAGEMENT; MODEL: KYLIE JAMES, P MODEL MANAGEMENT; GOWN: VICKY ANGLO FOR ANGLO COUTURE
1. Get a healthy, radiant glow from head to toe with a therapeutic salt-based exfoliating scrub by Dead Sea Aromatic Mineral Body Treatment, $69.95, Premier by Dead Sea Premier, Altamonte Mall
2. Intensify glowing eyes and reflect light in pictures with a gold shimmer eye-shadow palette from Laura Mercier’s Sequin Eye Colour, $22, Neiman Marcus, The Mall at Millenia
3. Prep your face for a flawless look with a natural, salt-based exfoliating peel using Dead Sea Facial Peel, $129.95, Premier by Dead Sea Premier, Altamonte Mall
4. Create a velvety-smooth matte finish with a natural-toned mineral foundation and powder duo with Cara’s Mineral Base Compact, $35, Cara Cosmetics, Orlando
5. Create subtle, glistening lips with Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Lip Gloss in Pink Kiss, $20, Bloomingdales, The Mall at Millenia
6. Use a delicate color to create shine and definition with Bobbi Brown’s Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick, $38, Bloomingdales, The Mall at Millenia
7. Make your eyes pop with a long-wearing, waterproof metallic eyeliner with MAC’s Superslick Liquid Eyeliner, $22, MAC, The Mall at Millenia