For our 11th annual Paint the Town Art Show, Orlando magazine is partnering with Gallery at Avalon Island to host an exhibition March 21 – April 12, 2013.
We’ll showcase art that best represents Orlando and its environs — the vision you have of Central Florida in your mind’s eye, whether it be through sculpture, painting (from cityscapes to abstract), drawing, photography, mixed media, folk art, or work that incorporates found objects. Selected entries will be displayed at the Gallery at Avalon Island exhibition and some will be published in our March 2013 issue.
The deadline for entry is January 13, 2013.
Rules of Entry:
• Application must be filled out completely and signed.
• Submit photographs of each work of art to be considered. All work must be original. Label each image with your name and the title of your work. Do not submit the actual works of art—images only.
• If you wish the photos to be returned, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged photographs.
• Each artist may submit up to five completed works of art for consideration. All art media are accepted.
• Submissions received after the January 13, 2013, deadline will not be accepted.
• Artists will be notified by mail of acceptance or rejection in mid-to late January 2013. Accepted artists must agree to make themselves and any selected artwork available for photography at a local studio in late January 2013. At the time of selection, the magazine will notify chosen artists of the available dates and times. Artists may also be interviewed by phone or e-mail or in person at the discretion of the magazine and must cooperate with the interviewer in a timely manner.
• All accepted works must be made available for display for the entire run of the exhibition—March 21 to April 12, 2013. They must be brought to Gallery at Avalon Island on a date to be determined in March 2013, in “gallery ready’’ condition (framed or arranged for display with all mounting hardware and wires affixed, labeled on back or bearing attachment with artist name, title, medium and selling price), along with attached “Schedule of Artworks’’ document completed properly. The artists are responsible for picking up their works on a date to be determined.
• There will be a 30% commission plus credit card fees (if applicable) to Gallery at Avalon Island on all sold artwork.