Are these nail-polish trends all they’re cracked up to be? See for yourself.
1.) 1. Layer a sweet candy-coated look by applying 1-2 coats of “I Only Date Werewolves,” OPI Nail Lacquer Spookette, $12.50 for a set of 4, Ulta. Let dry 5-10 minutes.
2. Quickly and evenly sweep entire nail with a medium coat of “Crushed Candy,” China Glaze’s Crackle Glaze, $8, Ulta.
2) 1. Create a fun crackle-berry combination by applying 2 coats of “Kim-pletely in Love,” Nicole by OPI, $7.99, Ulta. Let dry at least 10 minutes. 2. Brush the entire nail swiftly and evenly with a heavy coat of “Ink Shatter,” Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat, $7.29, CVS.
3) 1. Feel the blues by applying two coats of “Mummy Knows Best,” OPI Nail Lacquer Spookette, $12.50 for a set of 4, Ulta. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes. 2. Use a heavy coat of “Blue Shatter,” OPI Nail Lacquer, $8.50, Ulta, to sweep the entire nail quickly and precisely.
4) 1. Get your groove on with glitter by applying a clear base coat. Let dry 5 minutes. 2. Apply a thick coat of “Rainbow in the S-Kylie,” Nicole by OPI, $7.99, Ulta, dabbing gently to evenly distribute. 3. Apply a second coat to completely cover nails, then seal with a clear topcoat.
5) 1. Try a quick, at-home alternative to the popular salon Minx manicure, with no dry time: Buff nails and gently push back cuticles. 2. Center and stick on Sally Hansen Salon Effects real nail polish strips in “Misbehaved” (far left and center) or Skinny Jeans, (left), $9.99, CVS.
SNAP, CRACKLE, SPARKLE!
Four more tools for trendy tips:
China Glaze’s Crackle Glaze combines two popular trends in one with a metallic crackling pink: “Haute Metal, $9, Ulta
Add sparkle to just tips or sweep whole nails with a cool-blue glitter polish: “Kendall on the Catwalk,” Nicole by OPI, $7.99, Ulta
Echo colors of the past with modern crackle coats: “Vintage Violet,” Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat, $7.29, CVS
Trendy nails sport nail art designs. Brush on a base color, then create easy, unique artistic designs. Seal with a topcoat. Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen, $7.49, Ulta