2014 PAINT THE TOWN
CALL FOR ARTISTS
For our 12th annual Paint the Town Art Show, Orlando magazine is partnering with Gallery at Avalon Island to host an exhibition March 20 – April 11, 2014.
We’ll showcase art that best represents Orlando and its environs — the vision you have of Central Florida in your mind’s eye, whether it be through sculpture, painting (from cityscapes to abstract), drawing, photography, mixed media, folk art, or work that incorporates found objects. Entries selected will be displayed at our Paint the Town exhibition March 20-April 11, 2014, at the Gallery at Avalon Island.
The deadline for entry is January 13, 2014.
Rules of Entry:
• Application must be filled out completely and signed.
• Submit photographs of each work of art to be considered. All work must be original. Label each image with your name and the title of your work. Do not submit the actual works of art—images only.
• If you wish the photos to be returned, include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged photographs.
• Each artist may submit up to three completed works of art for consideration. All art media are accepted.
• Submissions received after the January 13, 2013, deadline will not be accepted.
• If your work is selected you will be notified by email of acceptance in mid-to late January 2014. Accepted artists must agree to make themselves and any selected artwork available for possible photography in January 2014.
• All accepted works must be made available for display for the entire run of the exhibition—March 20 to April 11, 2014. They must be brought to Gallery at Avalon Island on a date to be determined in March 2014, in “gallery ready’’ condition (framed or arranged for display with all mounting hardware and wires affixed, labeled on back or bearing attachment with artist name, title, medium and selling price), along with attached “Schedule of Artworks’’ document completed properly. The artists are responsible for picking up their works on a date to be determined.
• There will be a 30% commission plus credit card fees (if applicable) to Gallery at Avalon Island on all sold artwork.