Dec 27, 2011
09:01 PMThe Bridal Blog
HIRING A BAND, FUN PHONE ACCESSORY & THE NEW ISSUE OF OW!
HIRING A BAND
The music at your wedding is a critical detail of wedding planning – it sets a tone and mood at your reception. Carefully selecting a band that fits your needs and budget is important. Lead designer April Dorsey of The D-Tales offers some helpful tips for interviewing and hiring a band for you wedding:
• Request and review the band’s portfolio – this includes videos on YouTube, website, music play list capabilities and references from past brides.
• Start a spreadsheet to keep track of the bands as you review them, rating one as to how much you like them and if they “fit your vibe.”
• Once you have made your decision, book the band immediately – most bands are often reserved up to a year in advance.
• Be sure to discuss any requirements the band may have that would restrict you from using them. For example, if your wedding is at a park and the band needs a power source that you can’t provide you may have to work with another group.
• Get a written contract that clearly spells out everything you have agreed upon including: date, band size, number of hours for the event, set up requirements, equipment needed from venue, cost, deposit amount, break schedule/times, no-play and must-play lists, background music and schedule/timeline for the event. The more detailed you are the more covered you are should there be any issues.
There are plenty of local bands who cover all different genres that are ready to get your party started. Here are just a few to get your started:
The Buzzcatz: A 9-piece band that can perform a danceable mix of Classic Jazz, Motown and Rock 'n Roll; www.thebuzzcatz.com
Clint Wiley's None Other Band: A 5-piece band that covers songs by many of today’s hottest artists, while not forgetting past hits that everyone loves. They can play Pop, Rock, Motown, Hip/Hop, 80s, New Wave and Disco. www.clintwiley.com/wordpress/
Hook'D is a top 40's band that can cover all styles and all genres; www.hookdonhookd.com
FROM HEAD TO PHONE
Brides have been able to let the world know about their pending nuptials with graphic t-shirts, hats, bags and NOW wedding-themed iphone cases. Enjoy your engagement in style (and protect your phone while your at it) with these super cute designs from Case-Mate. Choose from quilted leather with Swarovski crystals, four wedding theme illustrations or upload your own photo to create a custom case. This is also a gift idea for attendants. To order, visit www.Case-Mate.com
NEW ISSUE ON STANDS!
Don’t forget that the Spring-Summer 2012 issue of Orlando Wedding magazine should be on newsstands December 26th. You can’t miss our gorgeous cover girl and co-host of XL106.7’s Johnny’s House, Laura Diaz, who shares her Spanish-themed wedding at Casa Feliz, and we round up tips and detail suggestions for hosting your own foreign affair. It’s also jam-packed with the latest reception trends, hidden gems, wedding dresses for every occasion, great bridesmaids gifts, guest welcome bags for locavores, designer must-have accessories, registry ideas and so much more. Plus, six brides share their love stories in Our Big Day. Enjoy! And let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org