HIRING A BAND
The music at your wedding is a critical detail of wedding planning – it sets a tone and mood at your reception. Carefully selecting a band that fits your needs and budget is important. Lead designer April Dorsey of The D-Tales offers some helpful tips for interviewing and hiring a band for you wedding:
• Request and review the band’s portfolio – this includes videos on YouTube, website, music play list capabilities and references from past brides.
• Start a spreadsheet to keep track of the bands as you review them, rating one as to how much you like them and if they “fit your vibe.”
• Once you have made your decision, book the band immediately – most bands are often reserved up to a year in advance.
RING CARE TIPS
Whether you’re just engaged, newlyweds or married for 25 years you want to ensure your engagement ring lasts a lifetime. To protect the sentimental and monetary value follow these important tips on proper care for your engagement and wedding rings.
• Insure your ring – the easiest way is to add a rider to your existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
• Clean it often – soak in warm water and mild dishwashing liquid at least a few times a month.
• Perform routine maintenance – at least twice a year have your jeweler check the setting and have it professionally cleaned.
• Take it off when needed – don’t risk it when partaking in activities that might cause it to be lost or...